What comes to mind when you think of Chicago? The blues. Matisse, Degas, and Renoir. Sailboats and skyscrapers. The marathon. Deep-dish pizza. Steppenwolf's in-your-face theater. The largest Polish population outside of Warsaw. Die-hard Cubs fans. Hog butcher to the world. Lollapalooza. The world's largest food festival. Millennium Park. We hope you'll agree with Frank Sinatra and say Chicago is "my kind of town."
Chicago is the North American home for our Executive MBA Program. Students attend classes at Gleacher Center, downtown, just off the Magnificent Mile - close to the Loop, shopping, and hotels. Gleacher Center features:
- 20 classrooms with state of the art technology
- 22 group study rooms with computers and workspace
- A student lounge with an outdoor terrace overlooking the Chicago River
- A cafe for students
- A computer lab with over 30 computers, networked printers, and two Bloomberg terminals
- 7 smaller lounges with room for students to eat and work
- Midway Club restaurant/bar and lounge with pool table
In addition to attending classes in Gleacher Center, you will take two weeks of classes at Chicago Booth’s Harper Center, home of the Full-Time MBA Program and part of University of Chicago’s main campus in Hyde Park, just seven miles from downtown Chicago.
Find out what a typical day is like in the Executive MBA Program.
The Booth community offers numerous events and activities for students and their families to have fun, add an extra dimension to your studies, or help prepare you for your career. Here's just a sample:
- Executive MBA Kick-Off Week - In June, when the program starts, students from all three campuses gather in Chicago for a week of special events and activities, in addition to the program's first classes. Among the highlights are an opening program in Rockefeller Chapel, dinner in the Winter Garden of Harper Center, a closing dinner cruise on Lake Michigan, classes, leadership exercises, and guest speakers.
- XPerience - This event, usually held in May, brings together alumni, current students, and incoming students of the program in a social setting to network, mingle, and catch up with friends old and new.
- Spouse/Partner Weekend - We invite the spouses or partners of current students to learn more about the program and socialize with other students and partners along with alumni.
- Speed Networking - You'll get the chance to practice your "elevator speech" and make contacts.
- Family Event - Every year, we welcome our students and their families to enjoy time together.
- Worldwide Chicago Booth Night - New admits, current students, and alumni gather together in cities around the world.
- Guest speakers Each class at each campus develops a speaker series and invites global business leaders to provide insights into current topics and issues.
- length of program
- 21 Months
- total number of courses
- 17 Courses, 3-5 Electives
- international weeks
- Three in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong
- Gleacher Center, downtown Chicago
- Harper Center, Hyde Park, Chicago
- average work
- 13 Years
- 72% male, 28% female
Class Stats: Gender
Class Stats: Job Function
Class Stats: Industries Represented